Position: Junior QA tester
Responsible to: QA Manager
Northern Lights Gaming, is one of the industries newest and brightest content providers for online slots. With high expectations and an ‘accept no compromise’ attitude – we are looking for the like minded individuals to join us. With offices based in Manchester and Stockholm, we are small but with big ideas, we pride ourselves in all areas of game development and have fun working environments that encourages development, team work and a desire to be the best at what we do. This position is ideal for someone looking to start their career in QA or gaming.
As a junior QA Tester, you will be responsible for the execution of test passes across multiple projects. We fully expect applicants for this role to have keen problem solving skills and a laser focused attention to detail, leaving no stone unturned in the pursuit of capturing and eliminating issues and bugs.
- Identify issues and defects across multiple platforms and environments.
- Working closely with developers in an agile development environment.
- Create concise and consistent defect reports.
- Executing test passes from plans, as well as ad-hoc and destructive testing.
- Participating in daily stand-up meetings.
- Communicate with the QA Lead through the day highlighting major issues or concerns.
If you have:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- ISTQB or BCS certification in Software Testing.
- Quality focus with a keen eye for detail.
- Strong organisational skill and the ability to manage time effectively.
- A passion for success and thirst for learning new skills.
- A positive, friendly, can-do attitude with the ability to work under pressure within tight deadlines.
- Competency with MS Word and Excel.
then we want to hear from you.
Not essential, but it helps if you also have:
- Knowledge of industry-standard bug databases (JIRA, Bugzilla, etc)
- Video games, software, or computing-related Degree.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Knowledge of the software development process.
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Ability to travel between Stockholm and Manchester
- Flexible hours- working from home/Manchester Office.
- Great working environment
Apply to join us in our new adventure and be part of creating something special.